Services, Equipment and Facilities
Fully operational during peak bathing season:
- Information on the town’s tourist attractions, transport, accommodation, restaurants, sports, maps and cultural events can be found at the tourist offices.
- Daily information on sea conditions, using the standardised flag system, and on water temperature, can be found at the rescue posts, advanced lifeguard posts (Infoplayas) and on the town’s website.
- Reading, book lending, cultural environmental programme at the “Carme Romaní” Library.
- Children’s mini-club
- Guinguetes bar-restaurant, ice-cream and drinks stands, hammock areas, sunshades and awnings, open every day from 10am to 7pm.
- Cleaning service for the sand, showers, access points and toilets.
- Rescue and lifeguard service.
- Bathing assistance service for people with reduced mobility.
- Continuous surveillance and security services.
- Emergency services (092 and 112).
- Public transport: adapted trains and buses all year round.
- Satisfaction surveys conducted with users in order to improve the quality of the services.
- Blue and green parking areas and parking bays reserved for people with reduced mobility, duly indicated all along the promenade and by adapted access points. Regulated parking on Carrer Mèxic.
- Information service:
- Independent loudspeakers all along the beach, integrated into the advanced lifeguard posts (TAV).
- Up-to-date information in the “El Castell” bulletin, on the town’s website and on social networks, about the sea and water conditions, sports, and cultural and leisure activities.
- Municipal and metropolitan information panels located at the main access points.
- Environmental information points: Dune ecosystem and Blue Flag.
- Sports and children’s play areas:
- Children’s play areas on the sand and within the green spaces located along the beach.
- Stations with exercise equipment along the seafront promenade, between Carrer 10 and Parc de les Dunes.
- Beach volleyball courts at: Carrer Colòmbia; Carrer Timó; Carrer Avet; Carrer 514; Av. Banys; Carrer 13; Carrer 15; Carrer 19; and Carrer 22.
- Football pitches at: Carrer 16; Carrer Avet; and Carrer Mèxic.
- Beach tennis courts at Carrer 509.
- Korfball court at Carrer Ones.
- Authorised kitesurfing area (peak bathing season) between Carrer 9 and Carrer 9 bis, inner beach.
- Public toilets all year round and adapted toilets during peak season at the main beach access points: Carrer Veneçuela, Av. República Argentina; Av. dels Banys; Carrer 10; and Carrer 16. Public toilets next to Les Guinguetes.
- Showers and footbaths at the main access points to the sand.
- Drinking-water fountains at the main access points to the beach and the green spaces.
- Wooden walkways along the sand with accessible points leading to the water at Carrer Veneçuela, Av. República Argentina, Av. dels Banys, Carrer 10 and Carrer 16.
- Horizontal marker buoys indicating bathing areas all along the municipality’s coast.
- Entry and exit channels for boats at Carrer Mèxic, Carrer Avet, Club Nàutic, Av. Banys, Carrer 11, Carrer 15 and Club Marítim, and a specific entry and exit channel for kitesurfing at Carrer 10.