All year round, we aim to protect the beach environment as the natural resource that it is (in collaboration with other public and private bodies), to encourage the public to use and enjoy it and to prevent damaging, inconvenient and antisocial behaviour. In order to foster responsible use of the beach and encourage its enjoyment among the public, particularly during bathing season, we pledge to:
- Provide general information on the municipality and the beach, particularly at the Public Assistance Office, at the Tourist Offices, on information panels at the beach, through the local radio station, in the Castell magazine and on the Platges website.
- Authorise, organise, support and encourage cultural, leisure, sports and environmental awareness-raising activities.
- Grant operating licences for different types of beach snack bars.
- Provide surveillance, inspection and rescue services at the beach.
- Provide cleaning, maintenance and waste collection services at the beach.
- Maintain and promote areas for sports and children on the sand.
- Maintain and improve all equipment and facilities (showers, accesses, fountains, accessible elements, etc.).
- Maintain the standards of quality required to renew the quality certifications and awards received.
How do we quantify our commitments?
- Satisfaction index of users surveyed: Water quality, sand cleaning, access points, equipment, police and rescue/lifeguard services.
- Water sanitation rating from the Catalan water Agency.
- Number of complaints and suggestions from beach users.
- Number of interventions carried out by rescue and lifeguard services.
- Number of interventions by the local police service.
- Manual cleaning and litter bin collection.
- Mechanical cleaning.
GOALS FOR 2021
- OFFER AND PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVES ON THE BEACH DURING PERIODS AND EVENTS WITH A GREAT INFLUENCE OF VISITORS.
- DYNAMIZE THE BEACH FROM PUBLIC, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL HEALTH CRITERIA.
- ESTABLISH COLLABORATIONS AND PARTICIPATE IN ENVIRONMENTAL OR SCIENTIFIC-TECHNICAL DISSEMINATION EVENTS AND PLANS, PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS ON COASTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND RESILIENCE.
- IMPROVING THE LANDSCAPE AND IMAGE OF THE SEA FACADE.
- DIGITALIZE SIGNALING AND COMMUNICATION RESOURCES ON THE BEACH.
- SIZE BEACH SERVICES ACCORDING TO THE NEEDS OF EACH SEASON OF THE YEAR.
GOALS FOR 2020
- Encourage the use of the beach from the responsibility of public health, especially with regard to prevention against COVID19, the environment and neighborhood rest. Done.
- Modernize and optimize signaling and communication resources. Done.
- Adopt and apply landscape, energy efficiency and safety criteria for the seafront. Done.
- Dimension the services and equipment on the beach according to the season. Done.
- Attract and collaborate in environmental, scientific-technical and cultural dissemination events on the coast. Done.