Services, Equipment and Facilities
Fully operational during peak bathing season:
The services listed below will be provided, taking into account the recommendations issued by health authorities in the context of the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
- Information on the town’s tourist attractions, transport, accommodation, restaurants, sports, maps and cultural events can be found at the tourist offices.
- Daily information on sea conditions, using the standardised flag system, and on water temperature, can be found at the rescue posts, advanced lifeguard posts (Infoplayas) and on the town’s website.
- Reading, book lending, cultural environmental programme at the “Carme Romaní” Library.
- Guinguetes bar-restaurant, ice-cream and drinks stands, hammock areas, sunshades and awnings, open every day from 10am to 7pm.
- Cleaning service for the sand, showers, access points and toilets.
- Rescue and lifeguard service.
- Bathing assistance service for people with reduced mobility.
- Continuous surveillance and security services.
- Emergency services (092 and 112).
- Public transport: adapted trains and buses all year round.
- Satisfaction surveys conducted with users in order to improve the quality of the services.
- Blue and green parking areas and parking bays reserved for people with reduced mobility, duly indicated all along the promenade and by adapted access points. Regulated parking on Carrer Mèxic.
- Information service:
- Independent loudspeakers all along the beach, integrated into the advanced lifeguard posts (TAV).
- Up-to-date information in the “El Castell” bulletin, on the town’s website and on social networks, about the sea and water conditions, sports, and cultural and leisure activities.
- Municipal and metropolitan information panels located at the main access points.
- Environmental information points: Dune ecosystem and Blue Flag.
- Sports and children’s play areas.
- Beach Tourist Office
- “Carme Romaní” Library
- Kitesurfing Office
- Espai Dunar
- Police Office
- Public toilets all year round and adapted toilets during peak season at the main beach access points.
- Public toilets next to Les Guinguetes.
- Showers and footbaths at the main access points to the sand.
- Wooden walkways along the sand with accessible points leading to the water.
- Horizontal marker buoys indicating bathing areas all along the municipality’s coast.
- Entry and exit channels for boats.